Our Human Resources (HR) function provides a governance framework and promotes synergies across the Group through collaboration and the sharing of best practices. Our Group HR philosophy encompasses an inclusive approach that guides us in achieving our aim to be an industry-leading employer and applies across all our businesses:
- Ensuring a philosophy of meritocracy;
- Commitment to ensuring that all our workplaces are free from all forms of discrimination or any kind of harassment;
- Complying with all applicable laws of the area where our operations exist;
- Meeting all our responsibilities and HR obligations, as both a direct and indirect employer, and ensuring human rights are not violated;
- Having effective internal systems and processes in place for talent management and engagement;
- Creating a high performance culture – recognising and rewarding in a fair and equitable manner;
- Striving to drive and achieve industry best practices in our social stewardship;
- Ensuring smooth integration in terms of mergers and acquisitions, upholding and honouring all ongoing commitments and sharing best practices – with the aim of achieving internal alignment of processes and systems; and
- Engaging with employees to encourage feedback and address concerns.
Our HR priorities
Our HR priorities have been selected to provide a consistent set of key people management priorities across all our subsidiary businesses. They ensure we have the right personnel in place to meet our business objectives as well as a talent pipeline for the future. In our Sustainable Development report, we report on our performance against these priorities, which are:
Refer our Sustainable Development Report 2013-14 for detailed activities highlighting how we contribute or add value to our employees.